Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Things Come To Those That Wait

{Image from the long thread}

Waiting for something truly momentous is quite exhausting. Or maybe it's the whole gestating-a-baby thing that is exhausting? Either way, I knew I wasn't going to be able to continue making invitations right up until I go into labor. But when to stop?

I finally decided to do it in stages. Starting this week I put up a sort of 'out of office' notice on my website explaining that I will no longer be taking any custom orders. Couples can still order invites off of my Etsy store until the end of July, when I will cease invitation creation until after the little one has arrived and we have a handle on things. (Does anyone ever feel like they have a handle on a newborn baby?)

But hopefully all of this free time will help me get my new website up and running for when I return. I have so many ideas and designs swimming around in my head, and I haven't had a lot of extra time to work on them. Time is definitely the secret ingredient for making a business thrive and I need to make more of it.

If I ever figure that out how to do that, I will let you know. :-)

No comments: