Thursday, August 25, 2011

Etsy Crush | All Custom Gifts

Eli's first birthday is only two weeks away! Gah! In between crying my eyes out and being in shock I have been planning his party. I am a believer that kid's birthday parties should be simple and low key, especially the first (I mean he isn't even going to remember it!), but at the same time I love to throw parties.

I love an excuse to be creative with decorations and create cute little favors, color coordinate place settings, put together a kick-ass playlist, and cook up some yummy food for my friends and family. So far I think I have managed to keep things more on the sweet and simple side. The theme is Teddy Bear Picnic and I plan to put together some simple picnic-y food, throw some blankets on the ground and give out simple homemade chocolate chip cookies as favors (with adorable coordinating stickers of course).

One of the things I had my heart set on was cupcakes. I love cupcakes and I desperately wanted an excuse to create cupcake toppers with the cute teddy bear from E's invites (more on those later). So I decided it was the perfect time to finally buy a cupcake tower. I have wanted one of these for as long as cupcakes have been 'in'. But I had a hard time finding just the right one. I wanted it to be reusable, tasteful and more on the plain side so that I could use it for lots of different themes (I love for my parties to have themes).


il_fullxfull.228834370

Enter the amazing Flower Cupcake Stand from All Custom Gifts on Etsy. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the cupcake stand for me. I was totally blown away when I read that they are made from PVC material. How could something from the hardware store look so cute an chic?? I love that it's clean white, geometric design will easily go from a child's birthday party to a stylish bridal shower and back again.

Now all I need to do is buy some picnic baskets, print the cupcake toppers, bake some cookies, wash all my blankets, assemble mini sandwiches............

No comments: