Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Heart Thursday


Now I have never been much of a baker or dessert cook. Sure I make the occasional cake or cookies (especially during the holidays) but aside from that I don't venture out of my comfort zone. I am more of a 'fly by the seat of my pants' cook that changes the recipe to suite my tastes, or what I have in the fridge that day so I rarely have the necessary ingredients to concoct a fancy dessert.



Well, let me tell you, I am ready to jump headlong into the world of Pumpkin Seed Mascarpone Mousse And Raspberry Tartelettes, Vanilla Tapioca and Milk Chocolate Lime Cremeux, and Snickerdoodle Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches and it's all because of Tartelette. I can't remember how I stumbled across this feast-for-the-eyes-and-stomach blog, but it got bookmarked mighty quick!

It is written by Helen, a French pasty chef living in South Carolina, who not only creates the most fantastical sugar confections you could imagine, but takes the most amazing pictures of them as well. She even sells some of her prints on Etsy!
Even though most of her stuff looks far too difficult for my culinary skills, her 'you can do it!' attitude and great recipes make me feel like I just might be able to pull it off.



So the next time you are wondering what to make for dessert, definitely see what Helen has been whipping up over at Tartelette. I am planning on trying to attempt the cherry pit ice cream as soon as cherries are in season- yum!

images courtesy of Tartelette

No comments: