Tuesday, September 13, 2011

From Birth to Boy

338364_10150319342729101_555349100_7830032_1365115460_o


One year ago today I lay in a hospital room, exhausted, sore and so in love. It was the worst and best day of my life all wrapped into one and I would go through it all again to have Eli in the end.

My life has changed in so many ways in the last year I could never express it all in words. There have been a lot of tears and a lot of hard decisions but there was also a lot of laughter and heart-swelling happiness. Even though my heart is heavy at times with worry about the future I do not regret the sacrifices I made to to spend this precious time with him. It was so worth it.

When I look at the photo above I can hardly believe that it has only been a year, and yet it seemed to go by so fast at the same time. Everyone tells me that the years will start to fly by and I have to admit that I hold onto the childish wish that they are wrong and I will be able to savor every moment.

No comments: