Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I've Been Up To




January has proven to be a very busy month for me so far. In the last two weeks I have definitely seen the signs of Wedding Season approaching– I have received more inquiries in the last two weeks than I have in the whole four months proceeding. Which is great! I feel renewed and excited about the upcoming year.

One of the projects I have been working on was coming up with a base price list for customers to download from my website so they have a ballpark figure of what it might cost for their invitations. This was really hard for me because on one hand I wanted to make my invitations affordable for anyone, and on the other I kinda need to make a profit. Or else I won't be in business long! To solve this problem I decided to break my invitations into two categories: Stock Designs and Completely Custom.

So the next project was to come up with some Stock Designs that people could choose from. These would be the least expensive as all the work of layout and design would be complete already, and I would just need to plug in names, dates, places etc. Coming up with ideas has been easier than I thought and I think I will easily have 8 or so different styles to choose from. All of which can be paired with whichever style card people prefer. And of course they can customize the colors as well- so it is really the best of both worlds!

Here is a sneak peak of some of the designs:




No comments: